2010年11月7日星期日

People With High Paying Jobs Can't Find Jobs To Match. How Do You Decide On Your Career Goals?

Many people work their butts off and progressed really well in corporate. Their employers just love them as they achieve the company's goals year after year. They have been given promotions to top fancy positions even got pay rises over the norm. They seem to have mastered the maze of corporate bureaucracies that many otherwise find hard to even understand. Hence, landing themselves with high paying jobs. Then all of a sudden about 7 years down your career, it dawns on you that you have reached a 'plateau'. This is the so called "seven year itch". The problem is that when you don't plan to take action to leave, you'll probably end up stuck there for another good 7 years. You know very well, if you stayed on, the company will probably not be able to entice you enough challenges to stay on. So, what are your career goals? Headhunters are probably calling you for interviews with good company's but somehow, the offers aren't quite the increments that you would expect either. You can't seem to find jobs to match that high paying jobs you had. Are some of the cells in your body vibrating with similar story? You are the top 10% of the workforce. When this happened to me, I was desperately finding jobs that would give me the fulfillment I needed, to at least wake up in the morning motivated. Then the answer came when I was told, "Being employed, you are only paid 20% of what you are actually worth in the market!" I said to myself... gosh, if that's the case, how can I make that 100% market value? One obvious answer I got from books and seminars that I attended was to actually start my own business. To tell you the truth... business has never cross my mind. As like most of us, I had phobias too. Most people has career goals mapped out in a job. However, career does encompass our natural progression to start our small business ideas. Anyway, I asked myself this... "would it be possible to earn the income of a business yet have the securities of a job?" As like many people say, you only need to put a wish out, and god will eventually find a way to fulfill it. So, take courage and get that 100% that you are worth today!

没有评论:

发表评论